DataFam Roundup: October 11 - October 15, 2021
Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Bridget Cogley, Tableau Fit: 5 easy cheats to make stellar Tableau dashboards
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Tim Ngwena, Tableau Tim: 2021 Tableau Desktop Specialist Exam Guide: Tableau Certification
- Dawn Harrington, Tech Tips Girl: Just a Few Bar Tips for Dashboards
- Kevin Flerlage, The Flerlage Twins: Change Filters From "AND" to "OR"
- Keith Helfrich and Jonathan Drummey, Action Analytics: TSVP #5: Null Values vs Sparseness
- Priya Yogendra Rana, MakeoverMonday — A Sunset or a new Dawn?
- Branden Kornell: My #MakeoverMonday Confessions
- Dzifa Amexo and Dzifa (Maureen) Q., On the DL(L): MS Data Science Abroad, Comfort Zones, & Tiramisu
- Pahola Diaz, Dataxa: El éxito de las Fuentes de Datos publicadas en Tableau Server The Success of Data Sources published on Tableau Server (Spanish)
- Simon Beaumont, Sport Viz Sunday: Weekly Round-Up 10.10.2021
- Bridget Cogley, Tableau Fit: 5 easy cheats to make stellar Tableau dashboards
- Alice McKnight, Tessellation: Five Ways to Create a Well-Documented Tableau Dashboard
- Irene Diomi, The Information Lab: How to in Tableau in 5 mins: Make Zoomable Charts
- Agata Mężyńska, Combo Chart, czy to Dual Axis? Combo Chart or Duel Axis (Polish)
- David Arboledas with dashboard by Ana Milana, Quadriciclos.es: Combustibles más usados en España (Tableau Dashboard) Most used fuels in Spain (Spanish)
- Sarah Bartlett, Sarah Loves Data: Iron Quest Travel & Vacations – Recap
Upcoming events and community participation
Tableau Conference Register Today!
Join the list to receive the very first edition of Data Digest, our new Tableau Community newsletter. Data Digest will be filled with the latest and greatest news, upcoming events and other opportunities to keep you informed, inspired and connected with the global #DataFam
- Tableau Conference: Join Tableau and the world's largest data community online for three days of learning, connection, and inspiration. Register Today!
- Iron Viz, the world’s largest virtual data visualization competition—ignites and showcases the power of the Tableau Community, giving you the opportunity to interact with data rockstars worldwide. Three finalists will advance to the 2021 Iron Viz Championship this November at Tableau Conference.
- The 2021 Vizzies Award Nominations The Tableau World Podcast loves to recognize the awesomeness of the Tableau community, beyond those who have been recognized by Tableau as Zen Masters (including the HOF TZM). So without further ado, we present the 7th Annual Vizzies. Nominations are open through October 31st.
- Tableau's Pre-Release and User Research Community Welcome to our new Pre-Release and User Research Community! This new website enables us to make early software and other feedback opportunities more accessible to you and in turn makes it easier for you to provide input to us. Enjoy!
- A Cup of Data vol 4, UX Workshop, November 12th, 10 AM CT - 11.00 AM CT Join us for the fourth session of our Cup of Data series where we expand on your Tableau CRM skills. Yet again we are changing up the format and making this session different. This time we’re joined by User Experience Principal, Elena Migunova, for a UX Workshop.
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Naresh Suglani: Lewis Hamilton | 100 Grand Prix Wins
Saverio Rocchetti: UK Pay Gender Gap
Aakarsh R: Roger Federer
Bo McCready: Treehouse of Horror: 100 Simpsons Halloween Stories
Luke Abraham: Fertility Rates - The Decline - 1960-2019
Build your skills with a weekly challenge to re-create an interactive data visualization.
Web: Workout Wednesday
Week 41: How Much Do Top Sub-Categories Contribute to Sales?
Sports Viz Sunday
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
SDG Viz Project