DataFam Roundup: August 23 - 27, 2021
Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Will Jones, Interworks: 2021 Tableau Fantasy Football Draft Kit
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Tim Ngwena, Tableau Tim: What is the Lookup function in Tableau? Tableau Functions
- Donabel Santos, sqlbelle: 8 Data Sets for Your Tableau / Data / Analytics Projects
- Jim Dehner: 5 Ways to do YoY and YTD -
- Ken Flerlage, The Flerlage Twins: New Viz: The Law & Order Universe
- Matthew Bernath, The Financial Modelling Podcast: Data Analytics Books Recommendations Part 2 - Becoming a Data Head
- Carni Klirs featuring Sean Peoples and Tiziana Alocci, Nightingale: Data-Driven Album Covers, Nightingale
- Jared Flores, WhatTheViz: How does the Aggregate Step work?: Put some Prep in your Step
- Eric Parker, OneNumber: How To Unpivot (Transpose) in Tableau Prep - Using the New Rank Feature
- Rahul Lalwani, The Data School: 5 things to do before creating your dashboard in Tableau
- Will Jones, Interworks: 2021 Tableau Fantasy Football Draft Kit
- Prasann Prem: Tableau Buddy Journey So far...
- Alexander Mou, Vizible Difference: Creating Sunburst Chart with Labels Inside and Categorical Sequential Colors in Tableau
- 白紙: DATA Saberの旅路 第2週目 【ユーザー会のイベントに参加しよう】DATA Saber's Journey Week 2 [Let's Participate in User Group Events] (Japanese)
Upcoming events and community participation
- Tableau Buddy is a firsthand beginner's den for those who are really serious about making a career in Data visualization specifically using Tableau. Connect with Tableau APJ Speaker Bureau Member Prasann Prem and book a session.
- September 17th, 10 AM CT – 11.00 AM CT: Join the third session of the Cup of Data series to expand on your Tableau CRM skills. The product team will demo their latest and greatest in a 'Release Jam'. Register for the event.
- Come Join Team #SportsVizSunday! If you are someone that loves sports, loves data, and loves the chance to selflessly showcase others then we invite you to put your name forward! Learn more.
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Join the community every Monday to work with a given data set and create better, more effective visualizations.
Web: Makeover Monday
Week 34: “Entry-level” jobs on LinkedIn require 3+ years of experience