DataFam Roundup: January 3 - 7, 2022
Welcome! Dig into the first DataFam Roundup (of 2022!!)—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Shazeera Ahmad Zawawi, The Chronicles of a Data Rookie: Discrete vs. Continuous
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Candice Munroe, Paint with Data: Leading a Networking TUG Across Six Time Zones
- Lisa Adell Carlson: Ten Weeks of Learning Data Visualization
- Andy Kriebel, VizWiz: How to Filter by Rank Across Multiple Worksheets
- Shazeera Ahmad Zawawi, The Chronicles of a Data Rookie: Discrete vs. Continuous
- Eric Balash, The Tableau Student Guide: Michael Dunphy - M.S. Applied Political Analytics
- Jared Flores. WhatTheViz: New in 2021.4 - Prep Parameters: Put Some Prep In Your Step
- Be Data Lit: Sarah Bartlett Reflects on Women in Iron Viz and Representation
- Marc Reid, datavis.blog: Map Layers with Multiple Data Sources
- Priya Yogendra Rana: Role of Tableau #Datafam in my life — 2021
- Nicole Klassen: #VizCollab is here!
- Jeff Kritzman, Infectious Data Viz: Data Viz Best Practices
- Brian Moore, Do Mo(0)re with Data: Fun With Curves in Tableau Part 1: Circles
- Toan Hoang: Tableau QT: HEXBIN Charts
- Alexander Mou, Vizible Difference: Pre-Filters, Post-Filters and the Order of Operations in SQL
- Playfair Data: Year in Review / Top 10 Tableau Tutorials of 2021
- Sarah Bartlett, Sarah Loves Data: 2021 A Reflection
- Adam Mico, Data Leadership Collaborative: 5 Benefits of Bringing Data + Subject Matter Experts Together
- Mark Bradbourne, Just 5 Minutes: We're Talking About Practice...Audience Thoughts!
From Team Tableau
Tableau Community Blog: Tableau Community leaders share their top 2021 highlights
- Tableau Public: 10 of our favorite sessions from TC21 you can watch for free right now
- Tableau Public: Interested in participating in Iron Viz 2022? Check out these resources
- Tableau Public: A look back at some great data visualizations from 2021
- Tableau Community Blog: Help us raise the bar of the possible: Apply or nominate others to the Tableau Community’s most distinguished leadership program
- Tableau Community Blog: Tableau Community Celebrates the Impact of Makeover Monday
- Tableau Community Blog: Tableau Community leaders share their top 2021 highlights
- Tableau Community Blog: Apply to join the next class of our Community Equity Task Force
Upcoming events and community participation
- Stay up to date with the latest and greatest from the Tableau Community. We'll help you along in your Tableau journey, bring your data skills to the next level, and nurture powerful connections.
- DataViz Social Initiatives: "A couple of social initiatives stopped in 2021. I see comments about missing them and was curious what people were looking for. While I have thoughts, I want the data. My goal with this survey is to get a pulse and put the data out there. You will not identified unless you choose to be identified. This is not a commitment on my part nor yours to create an initiative."
- The Feedback Loop Sign-Up Form: January 2022 This data vizzing workshop was started by Joshua Smith and is based on creative art workshops. He put it best: "The idea of the Feedback Loop, and of creative arts workshops in general, is meant to test the subjective and aesthetic elements against peers. It's meant to provide diversity of perspectives, because what works for one person may not work for another. And, what I've learned now, it can create an incredible community of people devoted to helping one another grow as artists."
- Sign up to be a panelist for the 3charts@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show featuring topics like personal finance, energy, healthcare and more!
Ervin Vinzon: #B2VB TOP 10 NCAA'S WINNINGEST ACTIVE COACH
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
- Kevin Flerlage: Oh the Places We Have Gone
- Nathalie Richer: Escape Game Tableau English Version
- Varun Jain: Astronomy Calendar 2022 | #VOTD
- Zak Geis: Tabs Alternative - Design Tip
- Marcin Pielużek: NCAA DI WINNIGEST ACTIVE COACHES PERFORMANCES IN 2018
- Josh Tapley: Viz In Review 2021
- Ervin Vinzon: #B2VB TOP 10 NCAA'S WINNINGEST ACTIVE COACH
- Annabelle Rincon: My year in Data
Back 2 Viz Basics *NEW!
Data Plus Music *NEW!
Games Night Viz *NEW!
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
An initiative centered around diversity, equity & awareness by visualizing provided datasets each month.
Web: Diversity in Data
November - December 2021: The countdown to Christmas and New Year!
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday
Volunteer to design data visualizations that help nonprofits harness the power of data for social change.
Web: Viz for Social Good
Nov 28, 2021 - Jan 7, 2022: visualize our community