DataFam Roundup: October 18 - 22, 2021
Dig into the latest DataFam Roundup—a weekly blog that brings together community content all in one post. As always, we invite you to send us your content—and the DataFam content from your peers that have inspired you! Find the content submission form here.
Dive into content created by the Tableau Community:
- Simon Beaumont, Vizionary: Prepping (get it..) your organisation for Tableau Conference(ish)
- Tableau Public: US Public Sector Viz Challenge: The GI Bill
- Sarah Bartlett, Sarah Loves Data: Iron Quest – Viz a Year or Decade
- Kirk Munroe, Paint with Data: How to get business users to ask better questions from their data
- Zach Bowders featuring Jared Flores: Data+Love
- Eric Parker, OneNumber: Easily Turn a Tableau Group into a Calculated Field
- Jennifer Hunter, Tessellation: 3 Step Tutorial: Implementing Dynamic and Flexible Date Picker in Tableau
- Gurpreet Singh, Data Viz Canvas: Top 10 Tableau Tips & Tricks
- Yamil Medina, Aaron Simmons, Cody Riemenschneider, Heather E. Johnson, Data Meaning: 3@3 Live: A Mystery Chart Show Halloween Special
Upcoming events and community participation
Tableau Conference Register Today!
Join the list to receive the very first edition of Data Digest, our new Tableau Community newsletter. Data Digest will be filled with the latest and greatest news, upcoming events and other opportunities to keep you informed, inspired and connected with the global #DataFam
- Tableau Conference: Join Tableau and the world's largest data community online for three days of learning, connection, and inspiration. Register Today!
- Iron Viz, the world’s largest virtual data visualization competition—ignites and showcases the power of the Tableau Community, giving you the opportunity to interact with data rockstars worldwide. Three finalists will advance to the 2021 Iron Viz Championship this November at Tableau Conference.
- The 2021 Vizzies Award Nominations The Tableau World Podcast loves to recognize the awesomeness of the Tableau community, beyond those who have been recognized by Tableau as Zen Masters (including the HOF TZM). So without further ado, we present the 7th Annual Vizzies. Nominations are open through October 31st.
- Tableau's Pre-Release and User Research Community Welcome to our new Pre-Release and User Research Community! This new website enables us to make early software and other feedback opportunities more accessible to you and in turn makes it easier for you to provide input to us. Enjoy!
- A Cup of Data vol 4, UX Workshop, November 12th, 10 AM CT - 11.00 AM CT Join us for the fourth session of our Cup of Data series where we expand on your Tableau CRM skills. Yet again we are changing up the format and making this session different. This time we’re joined by User Experience Principal, Elena Migunova, for a UX Workshop.
- Data Book Club with Brandi Beals: This fall we'll be reading The Adaptation Advantage by Heather McGowan and Chris Shipley. While not specifically about data, the book will get us to think outside the box and challenge our approach to data.
- Webinar series: What the Viz!? Learn to reverse engineer beautiful Tableau Public visualizations
Naresh Suglani: Dubai Tourism
Check out some inspirational vizzes created by the community:
Erica Hughes: Table Calculation Configuration Guide - INTERMEDIATE
Naresh Suglani: Dubai Tourism
Sam Epley: #NFLRecords: Legendary Running Backs
Imad Hamouchi: Squid Game DashBoard
Build your skills with a weekly challenge to re-create an interactive data visualization.
Web: Workout Wednesday
Week 42: Can you use set actions to create a reference date range
Storytelling with Data
Project Health Viz
SDG Viz Project
Sports Viz Sunday