This course is designed to provide you with the tools and knowledge of how to prepare and shape data in Tableau Prep. It’s best suited for people who have 3-6 months experience in Tableau Desktop and are somewhat familiar with writing calculations. Throughout the course, our instructors will take you from conceptual data preparation material to creating useful Tableau Prep flows that can be output to Tableau Desktop for analysis.
Full course description
- What data Tableau Desktop works well with, and how to shape data appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop.
- How Tableau Prep folds into the Analytic Cycle.
- The terminology used in Tableau Prep.
- Data sampling in Prep.
- How to create and understand flows that address common scenarios that users encounter in data preparation.
- Data exploration and validation techniques.
- 3-6 months of regular Tableau Desktop experience.
- A course manual containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained
- A digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks, Tableau Prep flows, and data sources to support the hands-on activities
- Trial access to Tableau eLearning to discover self-paced, guided learning paths and earn digital badges (public classroom attendees only)
- This course provides a Certification of Completion
- Continuing Education Credit (CPE) Hours: 13 or 11.25 depending on the course you select (the 2 days/8 hrs per day option or the 5 days/2.5 hours per day option, respectively)
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.
This course is part of the Data Steward and Data Scientist Learning Paths. Find out more.